…as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he…
In my previous post, I wrote about opposition thinking as a method of eradicating negative thoughts. But I felt it is also important to know why you should not think negative thoughts. So follow me, as I explain some reasons why negative thoughts is not healthy for you.
1. Your thoughts shapes you: I said previously that; whether you dictate your thoughts or your thoughts dictate to you, you become what you think. This made me remember when I was younger and I would give my life to Christ; but then I still had fears that I was going to commit sins again. Those thoughts leading to fear would eventually be the ones that would lead me into committing the sins I was sorry for. We should live with the expectation for the best not the fear of the worst.
2. Negative thoughts affects your performance: I am many times a victim of this. You see, negative thoughts just have a tricky way of getting into you, slowly and then when it sees that you are allowing them; they strikes and completely gets over you. Negative thoughts will make you feel you don’t have all it takes to do a particular tasks you are so capable of doing; but because the thought is allowed, you accept the challenge and either not do it or you do it with less expertise.
3. It makes you see less of your blessings: This negative thoughts can be so trickish ohh. I’m saying it so sure because I have been a victim of it and it devices. It makes you see your weaknesses and see nothing in your strength. It is those thoughts that leads to comparison, comparison is done in your heart so it is a type of thought too. It makes you feel you don’t have anything that you can offer when you have a lot. It makes you see that every girl around you is light in completion; that every guy around you has an IPAD. It just completely disorganize your system.
4. It prevents you from seeing how bright the future can be: Yes, because it makes every problem seem so big making you feel you may not scale through. This is one of the reasons people commit suicide. It all had to do with the thought, what you think of. If a person don’t immediately tell those thoughts you are in charge of them; it is incredible what they can turn a person into.
5. It makes you forget there’s an ultimate help: Those thoughts turns you away from your creator. Making you feel like you are not loved. Makes you feel the help is for perfect people, making you forget that there is no perfect person on earth. Our ultimate help is from God and we shouldn’t allow negative thoughts draw us away from our help.
There are many reasons for not thinking negative thoughts, but those five reasons are the personal reasons I have so noticed about myself and what negative thoughts did to me especially as a teenager.
You can read my post on Opposition thinking as a way of sending negative thoughts packing😄. And you can also drop in the comment section the negative effects you suggest about negative thoughts and your other contributions you have. Thank you ☺️