Volunteering can be defined as the process where an individual willingly contributes his time, take up service, work for an organization for the benefit of the environment, impact the lives of people without financial benefits but with other numerous non-monetary benefits.
How to Volunteer?
▪️Do a Clean-up to commemorate International World Clean-up day.
▫️Render a Social Service to help underprivileged people in your community
▪️Make a Fundraiser assist in improving the lives of people
▫️Create a Social media Campaign addressing the ills in our society through a reputable organisation/ platform
▪️Volunteer to commemorate International days in history such as:
1. International Women’s women🧒👩👩🏾🦱 Day
2. International Literacy Day Sept 8, 2021
3. United Nations 🇺🇳 Day October 24, 2021
4. World AIDS💉 Day Dec 1, 2021 e.t.c
What Organisation can I volunteer for?
▫️International Organization(UN, WHO, REDCROSS)
▪️Human Righ and Advocacy Organisation
▫️Social Enterprise/ Organization
How to Search for a Volunteer Role?
1. Search: Find an opportunity that best suits you.
2. Express Interest: Let the organization know you are interested in such a role.
3. Volunteer: Get involved in something great for the common good of society.
Benefits of Volunteering
▪️Build lasting relationships and network with like-minded individuals
▫️Referral for other opportunities through your network
▪️Honorarium, stipend and Certificate of participation
▫️Gain relevant knowledge and experience
▪️Boosts self-esteem and confidence
▫️Learning New Skills and Job related Skills
▪️Build your Social, Communication and Leadership Skills.